Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Yesterday

Yesterday was one of those days. 
Nothing got done. 
Nate was "helping" me unload groceries and then I noticed he was nowhere to be found.  He had unloaded a box of macaroni and taken it out of the kitchen.  He then proceeded to empty said box and fling the contents everywhere.  Of course, elbow macaroni can't be vacuumed (he's already broken my vacuum once this year - and YES, I STILL vacuum up peanuts from that friggin' beanbag) - so I ended up sweeping the carpet with a broom. 
I had boycotted laundry over the weekend (why, oh why do I do this when it comes back to bite me every single time?!?!) and had clothes coming out my ears to be folded and put away. 
The boys were at eachother's throats for much of the day.
Benjamin wanted nothing but to be held.  I would put him down carefully after he would fall asleep in my arms only to have him wake up screaming two minutes later.  This is fine, but once it's repeated about 8 times, it gets old.
It was a day that things on my To Do List simply did not get crossed off.
Days like that irk me.  A LOT.
So I crafted this note to my children:

Nathanael and Benjamin -
You NEED to take long naps today. Between the breakfast dishes in the sink, the four loads of laundry to be folded and put away and the ENTIRE box of uncooked pasta that you decided to rip open and fling about the toy room - Mama is living on the raggedy edge.
She also understands why some species eat their young.
TREAD LIGHTLY boys. Tread lightly.
Love,
Mama



Today has been decidedly better. 
Thank goodness.

Caroline had her first day of gymnastics.  She enjoyed herself.  It is very low-key and non competitive, but I was concerned because she is so hard on herself when she isn't the best at something (and athleticism isn't one of her strongest points).  I did end up giggling to myself when the coach asked her to do a cartwheel and she did a perfect somersault.  Guess I haven't been real good about teaching her stuff like that.  I'll put that on the To Do List, too.  =-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home