Multitasking.
I'm not a great multitasker.
I can do one thing at a time well. Add more than that and all bets are off.
I'm holding Benjamin so we have some prayer of a nap, listening to Nate cry (he is less than enthralled with the concept of napping these days), just heard the dryer go off signaling that I have yet another load of laundry to fold and put away, thinking about the kitchen that needs to be picked up and perseverating on the bathrooms that should be scrubbed. All while dreaming of how wonderful a little nap would be.
And instead I decided to blog. I guess if I add procrastination to my list of things I AM doing okay with this multitasking thing.
The News of the Day:
-Benjamin smiled! Twice. On purpose! Without farting afterwards! Too cute, I tell you.
-Benjamin has also started to laugh in his sleep. Not just a little smile, which we have seen almost since he was born, but loud, body shaking guffaws. It is hysterical to watch. He looks like Santa Clause because he twists up his mouth in a bow before he lets loose and his belly does shake like jelly. Instead of "Ho Ho Ho", you hear high pitched giggling.
-Sam is really liking school. He said there was a little girl that was crying that got "kicked out", but other than that - it was "really fun." Today when I dropped him off he didn't even look back. Not. Even. Once.
-Caroline is also liking school. She enjoys doing her homework a lot. Someone has turned on her "Obnoxious Button" this week and I'm not sure why or how. Part of me thinks it's because she is over-tired (she does NOT sleep). Part of me wonders if it's because she is on the bus with the older kids now (she's the youngest on the bus). We have instituted some strategies to try to correct this. we'll have to see how they work.
-Nate is Nate. He is starting (slowly. Very, very slowly) to potty train himself. Nate is the kind of boy that will say "No" if you suggest something, but is very willing to try if he thinks it's his idea. Today he went in the bathroom, stripped off everything except his shoes and socks and then proceeded to pee on the floor next to the toilet. Right idea. Bad aim.
His manners are getting better. He says "Thank you" frequently now, without prompting - today he let rip this 10 second, 5 octave fart and then said "Thank you" with such a sound of relief that I could do nothing but stifle my giggles. We have time to work on etiquette.
The older boys and I made some cornbread today. Our neighbors have been amazing and we haven't had to cook all week - what a wonderful thing. But I needed something to do where they wouldn't Destructi-Nate, so corn bread it was.
Didn't turn out bad, either.
And not it's time to get some real work done.
Have a good rest of the day!







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home