Siesta
1pm.
The Yankees game is on the radio.
Two very cute little boys are sleeping.
The house is quiet.
The house is also a disaster area. We made the Super Duper Double Secret Dickens Raspberry Frosting this morning (THANK YOU for the SOS email, Aunt Donna!!).
We over estimated the amount of frosting we needed, so we had to make extra angel food cakes because frosting such as this must not be wasted. I underestimated the amount of extra pan space needed when baking angel food cake, so there is cake all over the bottom of the oven and cake crumbs all over the kitchen. I also underestimated how much Nate would like the frosting - there is evidence of that everywhere, too.
So I'm giving myself 10 minutes to blog and then will run around like a mad(er) woman for 30 minutes and clean the house before the afternoon round up of children, homework and dinner happen.
Here are the boys after our walk the other day. It was a very beautiful and very quiet afternoon.
Watching the angel food cake bake. I know NOW I could use some bigger pans.
Sam liked to beat the frosting. The recipe includes five ingredients followed by the words "beat the crap out of them". How can it be bad?
Nate really, really liked the frosting.
I had to watch him constantly because he was taking handfuls of frosting and stuffing it into his mouth
In real life, he's right-side-up (or are we upside down?) but this is what Benjamin did while we were baking. He looks comfortable...







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home