Monday, August 27, 2012

Time Keeps on Slippin'...

Today reminded me of a Steve Miller Band song as I lamented with millions of other parents how big our babies are getting.
I think I was a senior in college before I realized that time keeps going whether I want it to or not.
Yup - it took me five years of college to figure that one out.
It's just that having children is a way of "dating" ourselves because they change so much.  They get older so fast.
I, of course, don't.  Just them.  The grey hairs are an aberration.  

First day of school for Caroline.
Certainly not as nerve wracking as last year, but still not easy.  She'll do great, I know.  I even ran into her kindergarten teacher this morning at the Post Office who said the program that CJ is currently is was made for her.   This made me feel better.

I'm trying to take it easy today.  I've been pushing too much lately.  I mean, the upstairs chores are done, laundry is done and put away and the groceries are put away after a trip to Wegmans this morning.  And we went to the bus and Post Office.
I think I've earned some rest.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home