Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wednesday Night Date Night?

Wednesday nights used to be date night.  Since we first started dating, Wednesdays have been special.  Even after we had children, we would make a special effort to sit in front of  or listen to the ballgame together.  Tonight out date was at Dairy Queen with Caroline and Benjamin after the Open House at CJ's new school. 
The Open House was interesting.  The school itself seems run down, but in talking to parents that have sent their kids to the program that CJ is in, everyone is thrilled with it.  The kicker tonight was that we found out there are only 11 kids in her class!!  Seriously.  We knew they were phasing out the Magnet Program, but didn't think the cuts would be this significant.  I just hope they don't decide to eliminate the class she is in.  I really don't know what we would do then...But I'm learning to worry about things only when I have to (a work in progress, I admit).  So we'll just have to jump off that bridge when we get there.  Caroline did announce that she did not want to return to school, but would rather stay home and take care of Ben.  This is very unlike Caroline - she loves school -  so I am a little concerned.  I spoke to her teacher about it and we arranged to have a small picture of Ben on Caroline's desk to see if that helps.  We'll see how it goes.  Next week is "back to reality" in more ways than one.
So now it's 10:30 or so and I'm sitting on the bed with Caroline snoring beside me, Benjamin snoring laying on top of me, Nate snoring laying at my feet and Jim sleeping quiet soundly on the other side of the bed.  Sam is asleep in Nina's room.  I'm trying NOT  to go downstairs and get something to eat.  The last few weeks of our pregnancy, I was so nauseous and my body ended up rejecting many of my meals, so I lost a decent amount of weight.  Now that I feel better, I think my body is trying to catch up *doesn't it know that I need to get back into my regular clothes sooner rather than later?!?!*  and I have been so hungry...
Today while my Mom was cleaning out the bathroom ("Karen - what do you use to clean your tub?", "I don't know, Mom, I haven't been able to bend over far enough to clean it in months...") and I was sitting and rocking Ben, I told my Mom that I was doing my best to resist the temptation to help her because my baby boy wasn't going to be a baby boy for long and I needed to soak him in.  She looked at me and said, "Tell me about it."  It never occurred to me that I was her baby girl not that long ago...
...Annnnnd let the pregnancy hormone related tears commence! 

Here are some pictures that Nina has taken in her week here...
Ben in the hospital.  Look at those prehensile toes!  
 Somebody just HAD to go to Lowe's to ride in the wicked awesome shopping cart!
 There were fire trucks parked outside the hospital one day when the kids came to visit.  So they had to stop and talk...they are diggin' the hats.  And no, my Dad didn't get a hat. 
 Even Superman has to sleep.  Milk in a bottle seems to be his kryptonite. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home