Saturday, August 25, 2012

Ugh.

I know it's not a big deal.
And that I will laugh about it someday soon.
But right now, it makes me crazy.
You see, I finally got all the Thank You notes completed for things that people have given us to celebrate Benjamin's arrival.  Not just stuff for Ben but also things for the other kids and meals.  Gotta love prepared meals.
The generosity of people has been wonderful.  I was dragging my feet a little in getting the notes done, but finally made up my mind yesterday that I would do it.  And I finished them all.
Every.  Single.  One.
And I put them all together to have stamps put on them and go to the Post Office on Monday.
What I failed to remember was that I have been letting Nate open a lot of mail recently - cards for Ben and cards for his own birthday.  It honestly never occurred to me that Nate would try to open up a card that I didn't give him.
Until he ripped open my Thank You notes.  And colored the ones that he didn't open.

I cried. 
Defeated.
Destructi-Nate-d.
Yet again.  

I got to thinking.  It would be really nice if I could include pictures in those cards.
I got on the internet and uploaded some pics to include with the NEW notes in NEW envelopes that will be in no way accessible to the aforementioned two year old.
So, when you get a card with a nice picture in it, you can thank Nate.

Today we went up to Gettysburg to wander around the National Cemetery.  Not sure what that says about us that we go for adventures in cemeteries, but we had a nice time.   Made me *almost* glad that I still remember the Gettysburg Address that I had to memorize for Mrs.  Dieffenbacher in fifith grade.  Sam and Caroline also sat through 45 minutes of a presentation on the Civil War Soldier at the Visitor Center.  It was pretty interesting.  Jim and I alternated sitting with the older kids because Nate found the presentation decidedly uninteresting.  But at least I got to use the time to get some steps in and to brush up on my history by reading the landmark signs as I walked by them with a screaming Nate in the stroller.

We're listening to the Red Sox game now.
Bleh.
And that's all I have to say about that.


On another note - Caroline has three loose teeth.  Her top, front left tooth is on the verge of falling out.
The Tooth Fairy will be coming soon. 
Sigh.
My baby girl is growing up.

Our first week of being a four child family has been good and bad.  Most of all it has been challenging.  It was brought up to me today that I need to check back on the blog a few years ago because we were seriously overwhelmed when Caroline was born and we had just her to take care of.  After hearing that, I felt a little better.  Our management skills must be improving or else I don't think we would have even considered having any more.
Honestly, there are times when I want to bang my head on the wall because I'm so frustrated.
And then, I see things like this and I think that it just might be all right.




. 







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home