Blog?
What blog?
I'm embarrassed that September is halfway over without a single post.
School, gymnastics, t-ball, catechism, Children's Liturgy, car pools, doctor's appointments and life in general have come on full blast in the last couple of weeks. Benjamin has been assimilated into the family like he never wasn't here. It helps that he's non mobile and non verbal. =-) It's the ones that can walk and talk that have been giving us a run for our money recently. Especially the one that is 2. He is just SO Destructi-Nate.
The kids have been very into dinosaurs lately. The plastic dinos accommodate them most places and it seems like the kids are pretending they are dinos all the time. Watching National Geographic specials on dinosaurs are an extra special treat (yes, we breed geeks). The incidence of biting, unfortunately, has increased dramatically. In spite of my better efforts, it just seems like they can't pretend to be herbivore dinosaurs. Carnivores are so much more exciting. Ugh.
The weather has been beautiful and 'm trying to get the kids outside to play before it's too cold. Autumn is on a different schedule than I'm used to, though. I have to say, I have never been a place with such nice Fall weather. I don't mind holding of the leaf raking until November.
We had to take Ben to the cardiologist this week for a murmur. He has a hole in his heart and some pulmonary artery stenosis. It's scary to be told there is something wrong with your child. After beating myself up (he has this because I didn't take enough folic acid / vitamin D / had an occasional sip of wine / wore the color yellow when I was two months pregnant), we realized that when the heart is being formed we didn't even know we were expecting - so there was nothing we could have done to prevent this. As much as I would not like to hold my baby down when he's having an ECG/echocardiogram, we are grateful this is being found now and not later. We couldn't be in a better place than National Children's. The situation could resolve itself, or we could need to have some surgical intervention. So we'll wait and see what happens.
God is determined to teach me patience. Sometimes I think I'm learning. Sometimes I don't.







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home