Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Ummmm....Tuesday Night?

We're sitting in bed and listening to the Orioles game watching Benjamin go totally spider monkey.
When we were pregnant, we would watch him move, squirm and wiggle when we were sitting listening to ballgames or getting ready to sleep.  Jim could actually count fingers and toes a couple times, Ben was pushing on my abdomen so much.  We would see this and joke that Q was "going all spider monkey on us".  This period of activity would usually culminate about10pm and then he would start to quiet down and I could get some rest.
Just to show that we're creatures of habit, even in utero, we had Ben laying on the bed between us tonight and about 10pm, lo and behold, he starts to go totally spider monkey!  Watching his movements, it now makes total sense why my stomach looked like I swallowed the Loch Ness Monster.  He even managed to roll himself over  (I have no illusions of greatness here - I realize the bed isn't exactly flat).  Now he's starting to calm down...let's hope it lasts.  He  has been sleeping most of the day today - so I fear I may end up watching some Ken Burns mini-series or re-reading an amazing book tonight while soothing Ben so Jim can get some sleep. 
I'm trying to catch up on sleep as much as I can while my Mom is still here.  What an amazing help.  Today she took Sam and Caroline while Jim and I ran some errands to Target and Wegmans.  It certainly was easier to get around without hauling a whole gang with us.  We even go to use a gift card Jim had to Panera.  Instead of having a honeymoon, it's kind of like a baby-moon to ease us back into real life.  =-)  I won't lie, though.  After the two stores and lunch, I was beat.  The first thing I did once we got home was to take my pain meds.  I'm trying to get off of them and am using them less as I discover the limits of what I can/can't should/shouldn't do.  But I've never been one to figure these things out quickly - so I'm learning as I go (even with the 4th kid)...hence pain meds can be a beautiful thing.  Very beautiful, indeed.
While i was sleeping this afternoon, Jim had the boys playing baseball in our blue room.  Looks like it was a lot of fun!

 And THIS was the aftermath of the shennanigans at five o'clock.  He was exhausted. 
 Sam seems to be more and more intruiged with Benjamin.  He's aksing a lot about how he was when he was a baby.  Thank goodness I can just pull up piictures and stories from the blog - thereis NO way I could remember all the crazy stuff that has gone on here!  And, being a boy, Sam is also very concerned about Ben's "boy parts".   We have been assured that Ben has all his parts and that they will work appropriately, but we need to see a pediatric urologist in DC for some issues.  This does not sit well with Sam and he wants to know why Ben has to go to the Peepee Doctor.  As much as we explain it, there is only so much you can tell a four year old.
Today we heard the statement from Sam, "My peepee is bigger than Ben's peepee."
Yes, Sam.  it is.  You are older than Ben
"When I was a Baby, was my peepee bigger than Ben's?"
No, Sam.  Your peepee was the same as Ben's.
"You mean it wasn't this big?"  As a very serious Sam holds his hands about two feet apart to indicate size...
No, Sam.  It wasn't.

The more boys I have, the more their thinking becomes crystal clear to me.  Oy vey...
But here are some pictures of our first serious interaction between the two.  






T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home