A Nice Weekend.
I'm happy to say, after starting September on a very lousy blogging note, by the end of September I'm back on track writing. I have realized that I enjoy writing here immensely and it's something I never feel like I have to do. I want to write. In a life that can feel over-crowded by being a wife, caring for four children, keeping house and a mile-long list of should-be's, an enjoyable hobby is very welcome.
We had some adventures at church yesterday. Getting there right before Mass started, of course the only pew available big enough for us was the front row. "Okay," I thought, "This could be good. How much trouble can they cause with the Monseigneur just a few feet away?"
Uh-huh. Silly Mommy.
I need to preface this by saying that we are blessed with good kids and we do work very hard to get them to behave well. Most of the time, are not trying to cause trouble. They are learning. They are very inquisitive and excited about life. It's really pretty awesome to watch. Though, this can lead to very amusing and exasperating situations and sometimes I just have to do this.
Yesterday was one of those times.
I can't decide if the best part of Mass last night was when Nate opened up the hymnal and shouted "Donut!!!" every time he saw a whole note OR if it was when Caroline pulled up her tights by lifting her dress above her waist mooning the congregation OR if it was when Nate discovered he could genuflect and got so excited about he did a somersault in the aisle.
Oy vey.
Matt and Michelle braved our household and joined us at the Orioles game today.
We had a lot of fun. Sam and Nate have total crushes on Michelle. Totally cute to watch.
We appreciated the extra manpower with the kids at the Park, too. =-)
The Red Sox lost and their season will be mercifully coming to an end this week. The Orioles will most likely continue to play. Talk about weird. But also neat to see Camden Yards packed with fans.
It was JJ Hardy bobblehead doll day and because the dolls were only given to adults, we didn't have enough for all the kids (I would never, ever think of asking Matt to give up his doll - heehee). We were sitting, taking a family picture when a lady in a Sox shirt came up to me and commented on my Nomar jersey. We got to talking (imagine that) and she was down with her girlfriends from Johnstown, RI. I admit I was getting more than a little homesick for Worcester just listening to their accents. We went on our way and a few minutes later, they were back and gave their bobbleheads to our kids. Caroline was ecstatic. The lady actually had tears in her eyes when Caroline was hugging her saying JJ was her favorite Oriole. All three ladies got big hugs and kisses from CJ, Sammy and Nate. I think everyone's day was made.
Picture time behind the bullpens!
In our seats before the game...
Sam was less than thrilled with the location of our seats. Waaaaay too high for his liking. It took him a few innings to get used to it. He never was able to leave the section without having a death-grip on the railing, though.
Maybe he's grinning at the score? He is our only baby born in Maryland. Betcha he'll be an Orioles fan...
Showing off his bobblehead doll.
And time to prepare for the upcoming week.
Zzzzzz.







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home