Friday, July 24, 2020

Week 19

Here's the thing.  
I don't know what to do.  A couple kids are out playing.  The others are watching Star Wars.  
I've got some free time on my hands.  
So - I could pick up, go for a walk, start dinner, freeze blueberries, sweep, mop, put away clothes, pare down Nate & Sam's clothes, run things to the bank, run things to the thrift store, do a Holy Hour, film Children's' Liturgy, lesson plan for next week, finish #OTDIH / saint bios for the year, mail out Ranger Badge materials, declutter, put away groceries, sew or any one of eleventy billion things.  
But I'm just tired. 
I'm not sure if it's Social Distancing fatigue or I'm sick of hearing bad things on the news reports fatigue or I'm a Homeschooling Mom of 4 fatigue or whatever...but it's there.     

We're still hacking away at Junior Ranger Badges.  
Finished Lewis & Clark Trail today.  Our plan was to do the Lewis & Clark Trail in person last summer...but then we ended up moving.  
Someday we'll do it.  

We went blueberrying again.  We've picked about 10 pounds total and froze most of them.  I had not been berrying since I was child and was swarmed by angry hornets after stepping on their nest.  Only took me 35 years to come to terms with that experience.  
Frozen blueberries at the bottom of a vodka tonic provided an excellent incentive to face my berrying fears.  
Also...who can resist this smiling face?   


Tseitle continues to be ridiculously adorable.  She sits in the bathtub, just waiting for someone to turn on the water so she can hunt the drops.  


Yes.  I'm tired.  But looking at pictures like this make me so grateful that the fatigue is more manageable.  




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home