The Tail End of Week 16
As of next weekend, Caroline has marked it on the calendar that we will have spent 1/3 of 2020 socially distancing. It's crazy to think of all that has and hasn't happened since March.
We're managing.
Doing pretty darn good right now, actually.
Thank God.
School is going strong. Field trips are being added back into our repertoire as things open. We're back at socially distanced Mass. Kids are at in-person dance class with masks and spacing. Softball is starting back up again. Jim is working on-site. We have a bubble of Our People that we stick within.
So far, it's working. I know it's all subject to change and we're just going to have to roll with the punches.
Looking at data coming out, I fully anticipate being on lock-down again come autumn. So we're just enjoying what we can safely.
I'm not a fan of the new Blogger interface, but I don't do well with new lately.
So here's the best I can do.
The Youngers are getting quite creative about their Pool Entry Styles.

We sojourned to Gettysburg to walk Pickett's Charge and survey the Round Tops. We were able to do our first #OTDIH on location (!) as we were there on the anniversary of the 20th Maine's defense of the end of the Union Line. It was pretty cool.
We've been fortunate enough to have our fair share of Creek Time this summer. Catching crayfish is next on the agenda.
Benjamin tried his hand at mask making. He did very well. Still being too short to reach the foot pedal, he sat on my lap so I could push the pedal and he could guide the fabric. He made his own new mask to go back to dance class with Harry Potter on one side and Tigers on the other.

Nate is growing up. He's still DestructiNate, but he's doing such a good job of learning to harness his powers for good. Here he is playing with the two year old little girl next door. He took it upon himself to get a bag of "goodies" that HayHay would enjoy playing with and told me "I have to help her mom, Mom. Two year olds are exhausting."
Don't. I. Know.
I was bowled over the other morning when I came downstairs to find the last gallon of milk LABELLED by Sam.
He got a big hug and kiss and was thoroughly mystified with me thinking that the labeling was the culmination of years of parenting.
I'll take it.

Our very own "...And Peggy". She outgrew her Angelica dress from a couple years ago, so Caroline doffed my Schuyler Sister (who are now Disney Princesses, amiright) dress. Caroline is now a solid inch taller than me. I never got to be taller than anyone in my family growing up...I'm kinda jealous!
Even Benjamin got in the act dressing up for Hamilton. Here he is in the posture that I can only assume the Watson Children will be in until Hamilton stops streaming at the end of July.
We've only since it twice in the past two days.
It's still freaking amazing.

Last Sunday morning, after a frantic, yet cryptic text from our neighbor, the Watson Family started our own Snake Relocation Service.
I'm happy to say that Snakey McSnakeface was placed in the conservation land behind the houses.
I'm also happy to announce that Relocation Service is OUT OF BUSINESS.
It's not like Tessie was going to help us or anything. She is waaay too comfortable doing what cats do.
![]() |
| Pickett's Charge is 1.25 miles, which is a lot for little legs in 93 degree heat. |
![]() |
| Benjamin was able to con Nate into giving him a piggy back ride for part of it. |
| Here's how Benjamin enjoyed the same walk in 2014... |
![]() |
| Not much has changed in 2020 (except the amount of grey hairs I have) |
![]() |
| Perspective and acknowledgment are everything. |
![]() |
| We are ready for softball! Buffalo chicken dip....here we come! |























0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home