Week 8
No church.
No dance.
No recital.
No eating out.
No volunteering.
No hanging with friends.
No baseball games.
No museums.
No Adventures.
You know what? We're SO freaking blessed.
We have jobs.
We have school.
We are healthy.
We are thankful.
We are hopeful.
We are more capable than we thought we were.
And I'm okay with that...
Not that we don't have our rough patches. We do.
But we love having Jim here more.
We're even enjoying being together more.
I've actually sat down long enough to play a board game MORE THAN ONCE.
We miss a lot of things. We got news today that the dance recital is cancelled. There are some plans for a "virtual recital", but I'm not quite sure what that entails. I DO know that there will be some tears when we pick up 12 recital costumes that won't be worn on the stage at the Weinberg this year.
It is what it is.
We're okay.
That's what matters.
I do think we're all starting to realize how these things fit in the big picture...
Happy Birthday to JIM!
Our first quarantine birthday celebration resulted in royal frosting, devil food cake, bacon, bacon gravy, biscuits and omelettes...all courtesy of Fanny Farmer.
| It will never cease to amaze me that if you put sugar, cream of tartar, an egg white and come cocoa in a bowl - that you can turn it into THIS. |
![]() |
| We found the key to making biscuits is to keep rolling out the dough and folding it again. That way they come apart in layers. |
![]() |
| Caroline was in charge of decorations. She did great. |
![]() |
| All of us. This picture makes me so happy. |
![]() |
| It's lilac season. It's glorious. |
I wouldn't recommend eating them, though.
Not that it stopped us from trying.
Strange thing happen in Social Isolation. Benjamin might have been dared to run down the street and ring a neighbor's doorbell barefoot while dressed as Superman wearing his underpants on his head.
Benjamin might have been given money by his siblings to do such a thing.
Sometimes social distancing needs to be ignored for the Greater Good. If 7 kids show up at your house offering to shovel and level the ground to install a patio...you go with it!
![]() |
| We've been busy making masks. Ignore may hair of many colors. Apparently I've been in isolation about 6 cm long. |
![]() |
| 10pm at night. Seriously. #becauseNate |
![]() |
| AWESOME shirt for Sam! Knox Moving Company - specializing in sledges from Ticonderoga to Dorchester Heights. Jim and Karen: Breeding History Nerds since 2006. |
| I can't lie. This was SO me when watching "Tiger King". |
Here's to a most excellent Week 8.
Stay well.

















0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home