The Start of Week 6 of Social Distancing
Dang.
It's past the middle of April.
It has been five weeks since we've had any outside activities. No church, dance, volunteering, library, exploring or venturing further than WalMart for groceries once a week.
In some ways it feels longer - almost as though I can't quite remember what life was really like before COVID came. In other ways, five weeks doesn't feel long at all.
It has been nice, actually. I feel badly to be enjoying myself when other people are hurting and dying - but I'm trying to savor these days and enjoy. It's so good to have Jim working from home. We've had adventures in sewing, baking, mulching, cleaning out and board games. We've read books, watched movies, worked a LOT at school, planned our next Adventure to the Canadian Maritimes, listened to new musicals and experienced the awesome awesomeness of a distillery that delivers
Sometimes the feeding and watering of 5 other people gets wearing.
I've been going on a lot of walks and listening to a lot of history podcasts. That has been wonderful.
![]() |
| This is thee cherry tree in our yard. For reals. I've never seen such gorgeous blossoms. |
![]() |
| LILACS! I missed my lilacs So. Much. when we were in Oklahoma. |
Nate said he wanted his hair cut like Grandpas.
We're not going anywhere ever anytime soon...WHY THE HECK NOT?
He ran around with this for a while...now he has a 1 all around...
![]() |
| The cats have been loving having everyone around. |
![]() |
| Even if it results in cat poop haiku |
![]() |
| We've been able to practice our cornhole game. Somehow, I can only balance myself to throw if I have a beer in my non throwing hand. Hmmmmmm..... |
![]() |
| The flowers are beautiful and all...but a distillery? That delivers? Definitely a silver lining. |
![]() |
| Everyone got new shirts from the Easter Bunny. How did he know their favorite saints? The shirts are great conversation starters! |
Lots of sewing and mask making going on here. Nate is becoming proficient with the machine.
Besides...who can resist a mask with Freaking. Christmas. Narwhals on it?!?!
The Fantastic Four wish you a happy, healthy week..























0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home