Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday Afternoon

I just got back from Septemberfest at Church with the kids - so it's nice and quiet because everyone is resting.
I need to go for (another) walk later on because the lady in the baked goods booth slid THREE extra whoopie pies in our bag. My strategy was to only buy three so there wouldn't be one for me.
My plan backfired.
But the pie was sooooo good. =-)

Busy week coming up. I'm making lists to help me remember what's on my To Do List.
I don't know how I'm ever going to have time to work outside the house. I know we'll figure it out and that my standards for the house (and just about everything else) are going to have to relax a bit. The kids have stepped up and done well with their chore charts. They still need a fair amount of supervision (meaning that sometimes it would be much quicker for me to just do the task at hand) - they do end up helping a decent share. We're trying to find our happy medium (while staying sane). I really don't think it's too much to have a clean house and three children aged four and under. Do you?

Caroline and I had a special girls night last night and went to see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. The theater group did a great job. We had a very enjoyable time. The music was loud enough that no one noticed (or seemed to care) that we were singing along.

Last week we went to a family outing for my company at Kimball Farm and had a really good time. They gave us $40 worth of cards to use between the mini golf and the arcade. There was no way we could use it all (even with playing video games), but Jim and I put in a good try. Caroline ended up getting a fairy wand and Sam got a very cool bouncy ball with our winnings...
Caroline's favorite part was the cotton candy:

And I think Sam's was, too. Poor Nate was just along for the ride:

Sam even sat to get his face painted (don't mind the buggers, there wasn't enough kleenex in the world to catch all the snot in our house last week):

Now that Nathanael is feeling a little better (he's still really congested, though - the pediatrician said it would be a while before he clears out), we're starting to get some more smiles and interaction. I remember doting over Caroline and just waiting with the camera so I could document her first smiles. I guess that's the difference between the first and the third...you have to smile when I have the camera ready if you want record of it, kid!

I found a box of old winter guard costumes in the basement. I'm not quite ready to show her the costume I wore in St Anns, but Caroline really took the costume I wore in eighth grade (which still fits, I must mention - barely - but I can get in it!). I think Caroline thinks that the more sequins an outfit has, the better it must be.
Here are a few pictures of the kids at Septemberfest today. They enjoyed the pony rides.

And now it's time to get going and try to embrace the insanity of this upcoming week!
Wish us luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home