First Day of School!
For our latest installation of the "Caroline Quote of the Day" -
We were saying prayers tonight before going to bed and I asked Caroline if there was anything that she wanted to add. Very reverently (which is rare for her), she put her hands together and said, "God - tomorrow is my first day of school. If you could help me out that would be awesome. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen."
Jim and I had to work really hard to stifle our giggles.
Caroline is very excited to go back to school. I, on the other hand, am still trying to figure out where the summer went. I remember thinking that it would never, ever be August when we found out that we were expecting in December. Heck, I remember thinking that in July, too.
But time passes.
So here we are and it's almost September.
It has been a wild and wonderful ride so far. =-)
I'm going through the pictures from this past week and realizing that I didn't take one picture of Nate. And I though to myself, "What kind of a mother am I?" And then I realized that there aren't pictures of him because I'm constantly holding him. The kid just doesn't like being put down. This is okay during the day, but can be a bit more, ahem, challenging at night.
Nate seems to be following in the footsteps of his siblings and has a sensitive stomach. Mylanta and Myelacon have been our friends. But even with these, Nate has been sleeping some nights in his seat. So off I go again on the no dairy, no soy, nothing spicy, nothing gaseous, nothing fun diet. You might think by the third baby that I might have this figured out. Not so much.
But even with stomach issues this boy is growing! Last week he had gained enough to put him back at his birth weight (10 oz in 5 days...not bad!) and he just seems to be getting longer and longer. I have him already in some six month clothes - and they're none too big. His hairline is receding in the front, which makes his baby mullet even more of a sight to behold. His hair is much more brown-ish and there looks to be a hint of blond under his mop. His eyes are still grey - I'm not sure if they will change or not - it's too early to tell, I think. The consensus is that he looks like a mix of Sam and Caroline. I giggled after lady in church told me quite confidently, "You finally got one that looks like you, eh?"
I know that chances are, when the baby phase is past, that I will still have old ladies come up to me in the market and say, "They must look like their father." Guess I just can't pull off people thinking I'm the hot looking, much younger Nanny...Sigh.
Ria got some old dance costumes to use for dressing up. Sam succumbed to the pressure from his sister and put on a dress. Looking at these, it's probably a good thing that Trippy is a boy. Sam needs some back up!

Sam really enjoys playing golf (even though he calls it softball). Look at that follow-though!

Aren't they cute?

Nate is being a fussbudget and we all will have to get up early to have a chance of getting to school for morning prayer.
Good night. =-)







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home