Saturday Night
It's Saturday night.
It's 8:50.
I'm in bed.
I'm not ashamed.
At ALL.
What a week.
A week that felt like the world was crashing down on those I love.
So much pain and ugliness. Some of it human made, some not. All undeserved.
The only thing to do was hold the umbrella and shelter where possible.
It is evident, more than ever, that we are exactly where we need to be.
I am grateful to be surrounded by people always willing to hold my umbrella.
I am honored to be able to help hold the umbrella for others.
On a happier note, I composed this letter to Benjamin earlier in the week.
Dearest Benjamin,
Thank you.
I found you this morning, in the midst of me trying to get 8 other things done when I wasn't paying enough attention to you.
You were sitting in the middle of the rug with all the toothbrushes and the contents of the tube of toothpaste that you had just emptied.
You were putting each toothbrush in your mouth and slowly, carefully savoring the taste. It was as though you were sampling a fine wine.
Then you saw me. You flashed the biggest grin. You were just so darn happy with yourself.
You're awesome.
Love, Mama
PS- It was cute and all, but I didn't appreciate the gel toothpaste on the rug. You do that again - you're cleaning it yourself. The toothbrush thing was pretty gross, too - even for me. I know the Hygiene Hypothesis is valid - but don't get cocky.







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home