Friday, January 17, 2014

What I Really Need to Know.



I remember going hours of birthing classes before Caroline was born, determined to "get it right".
I think *now* that time could have been better spent preparing for the next 18 years. Let's face it, the kid comes out and doesn't care if you've had pain meds or if it's leaving via the Main Exit or the Emergency Escape Hatch.

I think that time would have been much better spent figuring out how to decorate cakes, cook efficient and nutritious meals, look fashionable while wearing a dish towel over my shoulder, use coupons, manage a budget, consignment shop,  sew clothes, get silly putty out of hair, get marker off walls, cope with children, nullify tantrums, earn grace and how to cut garlic with a 3 year old running in circles around me and a 1 year old crawling up my leg while reviewing spelling words and helping with kindergarten math. 


THAT is what a Mom needs to know.  

There's no school for that.  

My learning continues on.  


We're looking at sight words and letters with Nate, punctuated by questions like, "Mama?  Why can't I pull off my head?"  and "Yes there IS an "F" in Nafanael!!!"  See?  Na-fan-ael?!?!  "F"!!!"
Sometimes you win.  Sometimes you lose.
Today it rained.  ;)

But here was our view at lunchtime.  We wore Benjamin out.
 

h

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home