State of the Union
The State of the Union Address is tonight.
I remember those fun nights when we used to watch the speech and the rebuttals and pick a specific word (for some reason, W saying a 3 syllable nuclear is the only on the comes to mind right now...but we had some *great* ones) to take a drink when it was said.
There were some years we got pretty toasty.
It's a good way to keep politics interesting...at least it is if you're young and can stay up past 9pm.
Frankly, I'm not interested in staying up past 9 pm anymore. It's too late.
After having the twins for two days and playing catch-up today - Holy cow. Large families are not for the faint of heart.
Six kids crossed the line from managing to crowd control.
I firmly believe that crazy is something you are or are not - and trust me - we crossed that threshold years ago. So we weren't crazier - just busier.
The advantage of all that business is that I got stuff done and the kids had fun.
The disadvantage is that I now feel like I'm coming off a three day bender.
Dang.
Again - it is evident that it does take a village to raise a child. We live in a great one.







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home