Saturday, January 04, 2014

The Last of the NC Pics

It's cold. 
Like 12 degrees is the high for the day cold. 
Cold like it shouldn't be cold south of the Mason Dixon Line. 

I'm not complaining.  The four blankets on the bed last night were cuddly.  The extra baby snuggles have been nice.  I like wearing long johns and get to sport my new TrailBlazers gear.  It's fun to see how well my new winter running gear works (wicked awesome - thanks Jim and Grammy & Grandpa!).  When the kids play outdoors it's easier to see where they are since there are fresh boot tracks in the snow.  I *love* hot cocoa (extra Bailey's Cream is an added bonus).  We've got our "Thank You" notes done and Nate has been practicing drawing and letters on his whiteboard.  We have been able to get a couple new movies into our rotation and are learning the finer points of a knock-down-drag-out UNO game. 
It's all good. 
Its just this:
I can't get warm.  My blood is so thin since moving here.  I'm a winter weather weenie. 

Only 39 more days until pitchers and catchers report. 

Here are the last of our pictures.  They're the ones from my camera. 
I used my Dad's camera whenever possible.  I had forgotten that we took pictures at the Wright Brothers National Memorial.  We had the Olders while the Youngers spent time with Nina & Pops at the cottage.  Both Sam and Caroline earned their Jr Ranger Badges.  We learned all about aviation and yaw and pitch and how much the Outer Banks landscape has changed since 1903.  It was pretty cool, actually. 
We put our National Parks Pass to excellent use.  If we ever end up homeschooling, I have lesson plans based on National Parks.  For now, I'll teach those lessons when I can...though I feel like they have learned more in some ways exploring the Parks than they ever will in school. 
After speaking out at a recent School Board meeting - those are a different thought for a different day. 








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home