Thursday, November 11, 2010

Long Time, No Blog.

Getting back into the swing of things.
Honing my organizational skills.
Testing my ability to multitask.
Stretching my capabilities.
Otherwise known as going back to work after maternity leave.
Sigh.
Considering I'm in a new building with new staff, new clients and new Medicare paper work (that exceeds all reasonable expectations of ridiculousness), this week hasn't been nearly as bad as it could have been. Or as I imagined it being.
Everyone has really stepped up to the plate.
Jim and I are slowly trying different strategies with getting things done around the house and figuring out what works. More importantly, we're figuring out what doesn't.
And we'll see how this all goes.
If it goes well - that's great.
And if it doesn't?
Well, I've come to the conclusion that it's okay, too.
I just had to give it a try. =-)
I love my job. But I love my family more. So we'll see how it all works out.

Oh, and by the way - did I mention WE HAVE AN OVEN?
HHHHHOOOOOORRRRRRRAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!
Only took seven months.
But it's ours and it works!
We can bake to our heart's content. Just in time for me to be trying to lose this baby weight.

The kids are still in their Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat phase. It's all Joseph, all the time here. They just love it. Almost too much.
To expand their horizons (and preserve our sanity), we decided to introduce some other music. They like Beethoven and Bizet (anything with loud drums or cymbals will do). But if anything is going to usurp Joseph out of the CD player in this house, we think it will be "Godspell". It has been a long time since I've come across music that's more enjoyable. And everyone likes it - even Nate (who seems to be partial to "Day by Day"). Sam has been running around the house singing, "Prepare ye the way of the Lord," which, though it may sound a bit strange - is really cute. Caroline likes "It's all for the Best."
The most amusing part is that they (after only a few days) can sing all the words. And harmonies.
Which, I think, means the apples don't fall far from the tree. At least when it comes to memorizing obscure song lyrics.
And, yes, referring to the previous hyperlink - I can still say all the words. Without any music.
It's a long story - but Melanie is laughing right now, I'm sure. =-)
Here is CJ singing along to "Godspell."
And here are the kids singing along to "Joseph"...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home