Saturday, October 23, 2010

You Know...

...God makes babies cute for a reason. Here is an example why.

Sam, Nate and I were in the exam room at our pediatrician's office. Dr Harding usually runs a bit late, but it doesn't bother us because it's such a good practice. In fact, it almost makes me feel better that he's late because I know he's taking extra time to help someone that really needs it. And I KNOW he has spent that extra time with us in the past when we've needed it.
But he was later than usual on Thursday. We were there for Nate's two month check-up, I had called and they said to bring Sam in for a follow up from the croup. The three of us had been in the room for almost forty five minutes. We were doing okay - we had read books, played basketball, played trains, Nate had nursed and Sam was in the midst of pretending he was a puppy.
Nate just had a dirty diaper. We changed him up, even though the poo was minimal (the sound effects were rather impressive, though - that child is the KING of the five octave, ten second fart). So while Nate is sitting in my lap, I'm petting Sam-the-Puppy. I notice that Nate is getting a little fidgety. No big deal - right?
WRONG.
This kid let loose the biggest, wettest, juiciest crap known to mankind.
"No big deal," I thought, "I just changed him - they're plenty of room in there."
WRONG AGAIN.
As I'm getting up to change him, I hear dripping on the floor.
Not good.
Then I feel dampness.
Within seconds, feeling damp progresses to feeling soaked.
He's sitting on my lap, mind you.
I look down and I am covered with yellow poo.
You could measure it in cubic yards.
And then it hit me how much my life had changed in the past five years. Here I was covered in poop (soaked through my jeans to my underwear!) and it didn't phase me a bit. I wasn't angry or disgusted or grossed out. I just was.
Funny how having little urchins around changes your perspective on everything. =-)
I think I might slip a pair of pants in the baby bag for me, though. Just in case.

We had Nate's picture taken the other day and I noticed something very interesting. I knew that Sam and Nate looked alike, but can you tell who is who?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home