Monday, October 11, 2010

This Past Weekend.

We had an awesome time on Sunday. We went met Nina and Pops at Ellm's Family Farm in Ballston Spa. Gorgeous weather. Beautiful scenery. Good times with family. Who could ask for anything more?
We spent exactly the right amount of time there because the kids were exhausted and entering and/or mid-way through the meltdown stage as we were getting ready for the three hour drive home. Nina and Pop's timing was perfect.
I asked Caroline and Sam what their favorite part of the day was. I think Sam was so overwhelmed he couldn't verbalize what he liked the best (though I would think it would be the Moomoo-Choochoo). Caroline's reply was "everything."
We're looking forward to going back next year.
Looking at all the leaves and the scenery even made me think I would like to try camping at some point (and this coming from a girl who thinks that hot showers should be a human right!).

Everyone under the age of five is sleeping right now. After having some pretty horrible nights with Sam over the past few weeks, Jim and I decided on a radical strategy. Wanna hear?
PUT THE KIDS TO BED EARLIER.
Yup, that's it.
We've adjusted the whole family schedule to accommodate for this and so far it has been working like a charm. Minimal fussing (I have a very low fussing tolerance) and we've seen amazing results. Sam actually asked to go to bed the other night. After sitting on the potty. And sleeping through the night the day before. You can probably count the amount of times that Sam has slept through the night since birth on two hands - so that itself is remarkable.
All Mama and Daddy need now is the where-with-all to remain consistent.
I do have to say, though, it feels like there are two extra hours in the day now with the kids down earlier. I love hanging out with my husband! I think of all the things I could be doing (ironing, laundry, cleaning, making lunches) and then I feel so liberated when I decide that spending time with my husband is a much better option.

Nate is also battling another cold. Ugh. Not again. I took him to the pediatrician today and his lungs and ears are clear, thank goodness. We just have to continue to watch him. So we're back to sleeping in the bouncy seat and forty minute long nursing sessions (it's hard to nurse if you can't breathe). But the good news is that the urchin is growing. AND HOW. He weighs 14 pounds! That's two pounds more than both Sam and Caroline weighed at the same age. So even though he's stuffy, we can't say that nursing isn't doing anything for him!
Oh - we decided that Nate looks like the Johnny character from Senor Wences. The resemblance is remarkable...

I will put up the pictures from the past weekend very soon. We (okay - Pops and Nina) got some great shots...but I have to get to bed. These marathon nursing sessions with Nate (though I do enjoy listening to the BBC during the wee hours and hope that the Braves can pull this one out) leave me a bit bleary eyed...
But here's a sneak peak -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home