Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Recovery

I want so badly to do a post about this past weekend, but I can't come up with anything that hasn't already been said.
Just know that for me to be speechless about anything must mean that it's pretty special. I couldn't be happier for Patrick & Erica. It is wonderful and so refreshing to see people that have centered their lives around their love.
And I get a really cool sister-in-law out of the deal.

Congratulations Pat and Erica! We love you.



So here was what the plan was supposed to be for today. Since we're still in full recovery mode from this weekend (I can't describe to you the piles of clean clothes that need to be put away), I was going to take Ria up on her offer to take both Nathanael and Sam while Caroline was in school today. I need some down time (and some time to digest the first part of the Tenth Inning that was on last night), so I took her up on her offer. I had big plans for today. They included putting away all the clothes, cleaning out Sammy's drawers (I tried to put an 18 month sized t-shirt on him the other day) and general cleaning of the house. If it was a good day, I could probably get dinner made and lunches put together for the rest of the week, too.
That's bush league psyche-out stuff. Laughable, man. Ha!
I should know better than to even use the word plan (it has four letters for a reason, you know). When I came in the house after dropping the boys off (and after stopping at CVS for note cards because I was getting my Thank You notes done today as well, mind you), I sat in the basement, had an epiphany that if my basement was in ruins, it was somehow representative of my life and proceeded to tear it apart. While it made perfect sense to me at the time, I'm slowly appreciating that my logic isn't always sound and that I should really have a cooling off period of at least 72 hours before deciding to tackle large projects.
The fact that I can walk through my basement makes me feel a bit better (who cares if Sam is wearing a Superman shirt that makes his belly show every time he raises his arms - HE doesn't mind) and I'll get to tackling the drawers and the other stuff later.
Probably.
Maybe?
Someday.
If I have to.

Here are a couple pictures from the weekend.
For the amount of chaos we live in, we clean up pretty well, huh?
I have to go downstairs and sit in the basement to appreciate my work...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home