Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sunday NIght

We had a wonderful day today at Old Sturbridge Village. Between that and our Ecotarium membership, we're never bored (and never have to pay to get in) - which is a wonderful thing.
We got home a little while ago, after a stop at the Pic. After a bout of pregnancy-induced craziness where I ordered (and really enjoyed) some fried clams (something I'm convinced a non-New England Yankee should never eat - I still feel like I"m going to puke), we're settling down for the night.
Sleep has been very difficult for me to come by lately. I'm always hot - even when it's only 60 degrees and rolling over is such a huge effort. Not to mention that I'm up every hour going to the bathroom. Sigh.
But the good thing is that I've been able to listen to lots of baseball games on the West Coast (I love it when my friend Vin keeps me company) and also been able to listen to a lot of the BBC. I've learned some fascinating things about the Battle of Britain and the end of World War II, . So it hasn't been a total loss. =-) One morning I even got up at 3:30 and washed the windows on the first floor and today before everyone was up I was able to sweep, groom the cat, get laundry done and do some extra cleaning.
I know I need to rest. But my energy comes in about twenty minute bouts. By the time I get pooped out from one burst, I have my next "to-do" list planned - so it's been a never-ending thing. I still haven't gotten to weeding the garden. But I'm at peace with that.
I think we'll watch some Firefly or some Bond or some Justin Timberlake on SNL (JT may be a scuzz-ball, but he's absolutely brilliant on SNL) tonight and just relax.
I think it will be an interesting week ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home