First Day of School.
So when did this happen?
Sam is so proud of himself that he complimented the kindergarteners and called them "big kids" today. He said school was "awesome'. That's something, coming out of him.
Caroline *loves* her new school and locker. She has 2 new girls in her class. The boy:girl ratio was 2:1 previously - so this is cause for great celebration with the 3rd grade female set.
We definitely had some hiccups tonight with Caroline at ballet, but we're hoping that will smooth out.
I discovered a new level of hell, unimaginable to even Dante, when I had to keep the three boys entertained in the car parked in on-street parking in Frederick City for the hour that CJ was in class.
The nadir was when Nate announced frantically that he had to pee. When he makes announcements like this, usually bladder explosion is imminent. The very thought of getting Ben out of his seat, prying the boys out of the car, dragging all three across the street to the studio, making our way though the slough of parents and *not* getting to the bathroom on time was enough to make me cry.
So we improvised.
I won't go into details, but it worked.
And I hope we never, ever have to do that again.
Nate is excited beyond words for school tomorrow.
I got teary thinking about it tonight - he has been my little buddy since we've been here.
"Don't cry, Mommy. I'm four now. It's okay."
I know that too soon I will miss the days when he asks to play with my hair, has to snuggle with BabyNate and puts a pair of socks on his hands to "play boxing" whenever I'm doing laundry.
The Youngers were decently out of sorts this morning after the Olders left.
So we celebrated by reading and doing puzzles and taking the obligatory selfies.
Then we trekked down to the Duck Pond.
We spent a lot of time looking at "seaweeds" and had a most excellent time scaring minnows with our shadows.
We saw this stork that we've never seen before. Usually we've seen a grey heron, but never this guy.
And now it's time for bed.
If only everyone could wind down...it's going to be a loooooong week.







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home