Thursday, August 21, 2014

Coffee

I don't like coffee. 
It's warm and it feels so good to cradle the mug.
Where else is it acceptable to drink cream and sugar?
It smells so good.
It makes me want it.

And then I take a sip and I can only think that it tastes like a swamp. 

I have to look at it as purely a medium to transmit caffeine into my body.
I need that caffeine desperately after this summer. 

With recent lack of sleep and re-establishing my running routine, I'm up to 2 cups a day. 
I am currently choking down my second cup to stay awake.  We need to run errands later and any time that I'm stationary can make me fight the Zzzzzs. 

Bottoms up. 

We had a nice morning.  It's good to finally be caught up from being away. 
All the laundry is finally caught up and put away and we're re-establishing some sort of routine.
Just in time for school to start.
The joke is *so* on me.
But it does make me appreciate more the routines we've set this summer.  I hate feeling like I"m behind and we did a good job getting on top of things.
I'm looking forward to reestablishing routines come Fall.

The Youngers got their birthday packages from Ria yesterday. 
There is something amazingly ghostly and surreal about seeing handwriting from someone that has died. 
It's so personal.  It feels like you're touching the person that's gone by touching their handwriting.  Somehow, they feel closer than they really are. 
It's nice. 
In typical Ria fashion, the  box is packed in newspaper.  This means that the kids have a ball making a mess opening the box, then get to play with their present, then have fun jumping in the papers and reading the funnies and then get to play basketball with the papers while cleaning everything up. 
That one box occupied everyone for the whole afternoon. 
I love her.  :)

And now everyone is awake from Rest Time...so no more coherent thoughts will be written. 
Here are  some of the cute pictures from NH (courtesy of Grammy and Grampy).  Thank you!













0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home