Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Feet.

Tonight I'm curling up with my laptop, my radio and a glass of Jack. 
I now know what it feels like to get my toenails pulled out.
Seriously. 
The good news is that they shouldn't grow back. 
Might be a tough tempo run tomorrow morning, though.  ;) 
My toenails have been awful since high school and after the Boilermaker when they got infected (again), it was the last straw. 
So I distributed the kids throughout the neighborhood (taking Sam with me) and headed to the podiatrist this afternoon.
All in all, the procedure was painful, but no worse than I thought it would be.  As I was getting the lidocaine shots in my toes (8!), the doctor told me to breathe like I was in labor - to which I retorted, "I had 4 c-sections for a reason!"
We got a good laugh out of that.
Sam sat and happily read his space book, blissfully unaware of what was going on and only looking up when he heard me sniffling.  He comforted me and then saw what the doctor was doing.
Without a word, he sat in his chair, eyes wide as all get out, and covered his ears and said, "I can't watch, Mommy!"
His eyes stayed opened the whole time.  
Can't make this stuff up. 

So now, having had my allotted tylenol, hanging with Jack was my only option.
Hope everyone sleeps tonight.  







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home