Cooperstown.
Vacationing with children is not always like a vacation.
While, for the most part, our kids are good, they certainly had their moments during the week we were away. I would be lying if I didn't say that there were moments in the past week that I SWORE that I would never leave Frederick County with them again.
-Like at the Tolpa House when Sam said to our hostess, "I don't like anything you made to eat."
-And when Nate stopped me in the Communion line at St Pius when I waited for wine, announcing loudly, "Come on, Mom! Why you drinking that? Let's go!"
-And when Benjamin decided to take a hammer at the Diamond Mine and hit Sam squarely in the back.
-And when Benjamin decided rock throwing was his new favorite pastime at the Mine.
-And when all four kids decided they had to pee urgently as we were driving on a country road with no shoulder. And when we stopped? They *all* had stage fright. Not an ounce of pee was produced.
-And when Nate decided to set up residence behind a trash can where I couldn't find him in the Locker Room in the Baseball Hall of Fame, peeking out only when he sensed I was about to lose the last of the sanity I own.
-And the two night that all the kids decided sleep was for the weak. What I would have given for a solid 3 hours of shut eye...
-And when Caroline decided to roll down the hill at The Smith doing dirt angels at the bottom, covering herself with dirt and goodness knows what else before the game even started.
-And...well...you get the idea.
We planned a lot of things well with this vacation.
That being said, we planned the trip to Cooperstown totally wrong.
The drive from Boonville was a couple hours and we didn't get to the hall until eleven or so.
Just in time for lunch, naps and the tour buses to show up.
Ugh.
In retrospect, because we were there the day of the All Star Game and The Hall was open until nine pm, it would have been better to eat, nap and then see the sights.
Live and learn.
We know for next time.
| Fernando. He was using his parietal eye to mesmerize the boys. |
| In front of The Captain's locker. |
| Nate insisted we take his picture in front of JJ Hardy. Even if it was really Brian Roberts |
| Was glad that CJ pointed out this one. |
| Benjamin was DONE by the time we got to the theater. |
| But the other kids enjoyed the show so much we had to go twice. |
| Sitting in Old Yankee Stadium. |
| We'll always have 2013. |







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home