Tuesday, March 04, 2014

11.

Yep, seriously.  
11. 
That's right - eleven snow days so far this year.

And as fun as yesterday was...well, today has been more normal.
The kids were up, expecting a two hour delay.  Then, at 7:40, school was cancelled.
I appreciate all efforts to keep the children safe, don't get me wrong.  As parents, we are continually inundated with all things that could possibly injure/maim/scar and/or otherwise break our kids.  It;s good for them to be safely home - especially if there are stupidheads out on the icy roads. 
I can't help but feel like we're stuck in "The Long Winter", though. 

Sam and Nate both got their homework done.  Sam's penmanship wasn't up to par, but he put together a cute little story about a cat  named Brownie.  Nate made a birthday card for his teacher.  Caroline is plugging away at her Science Fair project.  To expedite the process, I typed the data into an Excel spreadsheet while she read the numbers out loud.  She needs to do a bit more reading on tooth decay and cavities.  She gets it, but can't explain it well.  Maybe it's something worth searching Netflix or youtube for.  She is an auditory learner.  After that, all she will have to do is cut out the printouts for her board, get the pics printed and attach everything.
Good.
Because then it will be time to move on to preparing for her First Communion.  She has a few hours worth of work to do for that! 
See what I mean when I say it just doesn't end?  And this is just second grade!
I get shivers to think the kids will be in 2, 4, 6 and 8th grades...
This morning wore Benjamin out...

And so now we're in the midst of Rest Time.  With Nate taking a strong anti-napping stance, we had to change the name.  Nate said he needed to snuggle with me, which I obliged.  To Nate, snuggling is a full contact sport.  He is a head snuggler and wants his face as close as it can get to the snuggler's face.  Then he can play with hair, hold hands and snuggle at the same time.  I love that boy, but his face is a snot encrusted mess, making face snuggling a little juicier than normal.  Mmmmmm...

Here are some catch up pictures from Sam's Science Fair.  He didn't get a ribbon, which bummed him out a bit (the 3 winners just happened to be on either side of him); but he did impress the judges with his knowledge of all things dinosaur.
We're proud of our little paleontologist. 
Right after that, he came down with strep - so our Iron Men got to chill for a bit in the morning...
Nate was very excited for his Farch package. 

It's still all things Star Wars in this house...good thing they're coming out with new movies...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home