Tuesday, February 25, 2014

9pm

It's 9pm and I'm still awake!
Wow.

It was a busy day today.  We had people over for a big playgroup (with Rosary for the Mamas) -so there was some cooking and cleaning associated with that. 
Sam developed this funky rash and has been out of sorts.  I sent him to school, there was no fever or reason *not* so send him.  Until this little voice told me to pick him up and take him to the doctor this afternoon.  So we picked up Sam at 2pm and went. 
You got it. 
Strep Throat. 
Ugh.
At least he likes the medicine. 

I asked to have the prescription filled at Wegmans.  The coupons are usually pretty good - so I figured it would be worth the extra 10 minutes in the car. 
We got to the pharmacy and they had not received the script. 
Sam was decently miserable at this point, clinging to the cart. 
Ben was busily trying to kick Sam in the face for being too close.
Caroline was ordering them both to stop being turkeys.
Because it was naptime, Nate was soundly sleeping in the basket of the shopping cart. 

We are *that* family. 

"It's okay", said the girl behind the counter, "You can just do your shopping and come back."
"I have no shopping.  We'll sit here and wait."
I bit my tongue and did not point out that nothing besides Nate would fit in the cart and any shopping that could be done simply wasn't worth my sanity with one sick kid, one sleeping kid, one kid that should be sleeping and another kid that was trying to rule the world.  

So we waited.  And waited. 
The kids were okay.  Benjamin was rambunctious, Caroline was riling him up, so he made a lot of noise.  Sam laid down on a bench with his head on my lap and napped.   Nate slept curled up in the cart. 
We waited some more. 
I wracked my brain to see if there was anything I could pick up. 
Jim mentioned he wanted some granola bars -so we found some that had been discontinued for 50% off.  Score!  We picked up some night Pull-Ups.  We got a couple of pacifiers as Benjamin has hidden a few of his binkies a little too well. 
We piled all this on top of Nate who was still happily sleeping in the cart.

30 minutes later, the meds were ready. 

We got in line for the check out.  We didn't have too much, so we got in front of the self check out.  You know - the one in front of the milk and orange juice case for people just making a quick trip into the store.  The really busy case, now that it was 4:00.
Then I heard a dripping.  It got faster - like someone was pouring water near me.
I couldn't figure it out.
Someone stopped me and pointed out that the noise was coming from my cart.
 It was at that moment that Nate's bladder let go of all pretense and completely emptied on Danny Wegman's floor.
I'm talking HUGE puddle.

Awesome.

Another Mama took pity on me and got an employee to help. 
Caroline was mortified.  "Why does he have to pee all over Wegmans, Mom?  This is SO embarrassing!  Ugh!" 
A very young, very cute employee bent down to clean up the mess with  some paper towel.  I stopped her just in time, "Miss?  You're going to want to put on some gloves for this one."
Her eyes got big and she looked at me quizzically.  Then she understood.
I wasn't even phased.
Just another day in the Good Life.  :)

Thank goodness the Check Out line moved quickly.
Nate managed to tag a couple of the boxes of granola, but didn't do major damage. 
I am thankful he didn't wake up until we got to the car.  

We'll go to Safeway on Friday for milk, though. 
Just in case. 





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home