Monday, June 10, 2013

Rainy Afternoon

So.  Naps for Thing 3 aren't happening today.
I *so* fear the day when they are altogether eliminated.
But, instead of the computer, today' s blog post is being brought to you by a piece of paper, a blue pen and a SpiderMan puzzle.
Nate is trying to write, but seems fearful of making a mistake.  He says an appropriate commentary when talking about how the letters look, "This one goes up down up down.  M." But doesn't want to try it on his own.  Soon enough.

We went to Hagerstown today to pick up a ( lame, functional and boring - BUT requested) present for Daddy for Father's Day.  We hit Dunkin' Donuts on the way home because I realized that I didn't have enough jars of cookie mix for all our teachers and it was too late in the game to try to make them.
There is also a mountain of laundry to be folded and put away.  Honest to goodness, our family is the  *only* one I know that does laundry every day AND gets hopelessly behind if we miss a day.  We had heaps of wet, nasty laundry from all of us being out in the rain last night at softball.  Everyone (except Sam) thoroughly enjoyed playing out in the rain.   I know my kids may be wild and crazy and get in their fair share of trouble -  but I was pleased when it started to pour and most everyone else ran for cover and the kids just kept on playing.  *They were in a mud puddle and probably already soaked, but still*. 
I didn't enjoy getting everyone to bed late, but I wasn't leaving there without everyone eating after spending the early part of my afternoon making hand-held apple pies. 

We drove around Hagerstown for a bit this morning.  It reminds me in some ways of Frederick with the brick buildings and old town feel.  It seems to have failed in some of the ways Frederick has succeeded, probably only through the fault of geography and the price of real estate.  So it's a cross between Frederick, MD and Utica, NY as far as cities go.  I did find the C&O Canal Headquarters - which is one we will be hitting up as soon as school ends.  I'm looking forward to our adventures this summer.  Having been pleasantly surprised by how much the kids got out of our discussions about music, I think our journeys this summer will be fun.

I had so many things on my mind that were *worthy* of blogging this morning...but they're gone now.
Nate is walking around with a viking hat over his eyes saying, "You can't see me! Mama, can I paint your toenails?"
He also told me to "Please put BenBen back in his kennel.  He no play with my legos."
What's most amusing about this statement is that we've never had a dog OR a kennel.  He calls the pack-n-play "The Kennel".
Heehee.  

Blogging over. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home