Guilty
I am so guilty right now.
You see, naptime is MY time.
It's a beautiful 1.5 hours in my day.
My time to get things done. To talk to adults, to write, to cook, to clean, to fold laundry, to sit, to put something educational on the computer and listen, to get ready for the sea of humanity that inundates this house after 4pm.
I love naptime.
But today I flunked. Big time.
I got Nate to lay down and told him I would be back as soon as Benjamin was asleep.
I gave Benjamin a bottle and promptly...I fell asleep, too.
FAIL.
And since it's a rainy day, there will be more chaos here vs less.
So I'm punting and getting my blogging in.
We'll make something like pancakes or waffles that takes forever and involves lots of clean-up to keep everyone engaged and on the right side of the Crazy Train.
The boys and I went to Harpers Ferry this morning. We only stayed for a few hours because I forgot to bring the backpack to put Benjamin in - so I had to carry him the whole time. He loves being on my shoulders except that he pulls my hair out. One. Hair. At. A. Time.
Fun.
We took a trail we hadn't taken before and explored Virginius Island. We found lots of wild strawberries and flox. We investigated the remains of an old cotton mill and a couple old houses. We saw a heron and lots of geese and found a large goose feather. The highlight for Nate, of course, was finding fox poop (gotta get the poop in there somehow) and Sam got to ask a Ranger why West Virginia is called West when it's really North. I also asked the Ranger about some of the townfolk there during the Civil War era because I noticed a bunch of people the last names that could be of Jewish heritage, but couldn't find any synagogue or mention of Judaism anywhere. She said I was the first person that has ever brought that up to her. Hmmm....you can take the girl out of Worcester, but...
Nate's newest game when we're driving is cracking me up. As I'm driving down any road that has a stoplight that's green, he cheers for me to go faster and yells that "I winning! I winning!" But if we have to stop at a stoplight, he gets SO disgusted and yells, "You lose, Mama. You LOSE." It's pretty funny.
Caroline got up and ran again with me this morning. I hope this lasts - it's fun to have a partner.
Benjamin is getting a new tooth on the top and bottom. :)
Tomorrow is Kindergarten Orientation.
Sniff, sniff.
Oh - last night before we read "Charlotte's Web" - THIS was how Nate showed up dressed for bed.
Just so you have visual proof that I'm not making this stuff up.
Because ties and capes are how we roll.







1 Comments:
Karen. Do not. I repeat, do not. Feel guilty for falling asleep. You body was trying to tell you something. Sometimes you have to give it a break to recharge so you can deal with everything else. Be kind to yourself. God wanted you to rest, little mama!
Post a Comment
<< Home