Friday Afternoon
Nate is NOT napping.
Has no intention of it.
So, being the results driven woman I am, he is sitting in front of the laptop watching "The Civil War". Except that he is repeating every single name he recognizes. John Brown, Abraham Lincoln, Frederick Douglass, Harpers Ferry and on...
I'm thinking he's not going to sleep.
Oh, well.
I have things to do. Dinner is in the oven (stuffed zucchini and salmon), laundry is done & folded - but not put away, the house is okay - but needs to be vacuumed...You know how it is.
It will happen.
I should also be finishing the sleeping bag I'm making for Caroline's friend's doll. But having needles accessible when Nate awake is not a good idea.
In summation of the past few days, though...Benjamin had his first Oreo.
He liked it.
Caroline finished up soccer and is anxiously awaiting to start again in the fall.
Sam got really pissy when I tried to take his picture. So I took it anyway.
Ha! Can't wait to show this one off at the prom...
It was Nina's birthday - here was how we celebrated...
Caroline went to school dressed as she thought "a girl from NYC" should dress.
It was pretty cute, actually...
Nate is into doing puzzles and wearing sunglasses.
I'm all for the sunglasses.
The puzzles...well...anyone that knows me knows how I feel about puzzles.
They are the fruit of the devil. Designed to make me crazy...
And the boy loves them. I tried to put together a 100 piece puzzle, just so I could say I can keep up with my 2 year old. I couldn't finish it. Grrrr
When Nate was wearing his glasses, I told him he looked great. His reply?
"I know I am."
Oy.
The boys and I went hiking in Harpers Ferry, WV yesterday. They did really well. We had a wonderful time. I asked Sam what he saw and learned about. After thinking for a bit, he replied, "I saw a train, a crane train, a depot, John Brown, geese, goslings and some mulch."
Glad to broaden your horizons, there, boy.
Nate is also developing the amazing ability to incorporate the words "butt" and "poop" in every sentence. It's a talent.
Happy Memorial Day.







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home