Monday Monday
So today...
-I've stopped Nate at least 3 times from taking money out of his brother's piggy bank and putting it in his own
-I've been to Wegmans, put away groceries, washed/folded & put away 3 loads of laundry, changed the beds, made dinner and vacuumed the upstairs. WITH 3 little boys in tow AND minimal raising of voices. Hooray!
-I heard Nate yell, "Hey Sam! Where's your parachute?!?!" followed by a big crash.
This, in itself, is not out of the ordinary...however...NOTHING BROKE!
And as soon as I'm done with this, I've been directed to make some pretzel cookies...it IS a good day when preztel cookies are involved! :)
Yesterday we went to Harpers Ferry, WV to do some hiking. It was about 65 degress with a moderate breeze and a gorgeous blue sky.
Here are Turkeys 1, 2, 3 and 4 in the parking lot before heading down to the town...
And here is Turkey Boy...We hiked up toward Point of Rocks along the Potomac on the Maryland side. We drove from MD to VA to WV and walked to MD but then crossed to bridge back to WV, got to the car and drove from VA to MD to get back home. Confused? So were we.
Both the Shenandoah and the Potomac were very high because of the recent rain. The roar of the rivers was very loud at times. There is something about this part of WV, though - all of the sudden the mountains seem to appear out of nowhere. The Blue Ridge are just beautiful. I already have a couple of destinations for races in WV in mind for the next couple of years...
A family from Tennessee was nice enough to take our picture at the convergence of the rivers when we finished hiking. The Shenandoah would be to the far right of the picture. The Potomac is behind us and looks very calm. It wasn't. The bridge over the river was more intimidating to me than it normally is.
A lovely day.
Now if I could only get Benjamin to nap. Oy.











0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home