NORMAL!!!
We're back to normal.
The crazy, frenetic, I-don't-have-a-clue-what is-going-to-happen because-we -are -going--5-directions-at-once, chaotic normalcy that can only happen in a household with four children under the age of eight.
Hooray!!!
Nate had a brush with the Noro-virus earlier this week that had us all on edge, just waiting to puke. But, thankfully, nothing became of it.
I am pleased to say that return to craziness is kicking my butt
.
We decided yesterday that we would take the kids into the Smithsonian today to finish up their research for their science projects. We had a wonderful time. In fact, the kids were so well behaved, I found myself wondering if we really had our kids with us. They did a great job.
Minimal whining. Minimal fighting. Nate actually stayed in the stroller. The kids actually learned stuff.
Things don't get much better than that.
We took in the Museum of Natural History. We spent most of our time in the Gems & Minerals Exhibit and (duh) with the dinosaurs, but were also able to spend some quality time in the Ice Age and with the Egyptian Mummies.
We got back about 8pm and everyone was toast.
My toasty-ness was compounded because with going into DC today, I didn't have time for a long run, so I got it in yesterday afternoon. But only after I did my Friday regular morning workout. A grand total of 28,009 steps and over 13 miles on my pedometer. Nine of those miles were run in 104 minutes.
Nine miles is a lot. My legs are continually reminding me of this today. I don't think I've ever looked forward so much to a recovery run as I am for tomorrow. =-)
So, before I pass out, here are some pics from today:
| Sam and Caroline had a blast riding the Metro |
| Nate, however, was less than thrilled that he didn't get to sit with his older siblings. Took him about 4 stops and he was over it. |
| HERKIMERS!!!!! Sam and Nate were SO excited. They are really looking forward to going diamond hunting this summer. |
| See? He got over the stroller on the Metro! Nate and Ben did great today. |
| Under the big Blue Whale |
| Watching the paleontologist do her work in the lab |
| Taken by Caroline. |
| Taken by some random lady that felt bad for Caroline trying to figure out how to use my camera. |
| Pooped out after a looooong day. |







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home