Today was one of those days where you just don't feel like associating with anyone.
In the past weeks, I have been sh@tted upon for working inside my home, for under-educating my children, for possessing an inadequate education and for sending my kids to pre-school.
All this from people in passing. All from people I know casually.
No opinions were solicited, yet I received them.
Sheesh.
No wonder I'm having an "I hate people"
I'm trying to let it roll...like water off a duck. It's a small town, after all - anything I say can and will be used against me.
I like to think it doesn't bug me. But it does. I know we're doing what is best for us right now.
Makes me almost wish I had enough free time to come up with critiques of other people's parenting styles.
But on second thought, that would be waaayyy too much effort.
I've got enough going on here to keep me more than occupied.
I saw a lady pitch a fit in the Middle School parking lot at dismissal time because the line of cars waiting for pickup was blocking her SUV. Pick up is done the same way every single day. Apparently this was her first experience and she didn't like the fact that cars didn't part like the Red Sea for her Jeep Cherokee.
Because none of the other 500 people there picking up their kids had anywhere to go, either.
Seriously - it must be exhausting to have a life where your presence so critical that you're unable to sit in your car for three minutes.
Glad I'm not that important.
I'll keep my eyes out for her the rest of the year, though. Might be fun to watch if she shows up again.
Ran this morning in shorts - it got up to 68 here. It was rainy and blustery, but 68 is 68 - especially in January. 5 miles in 64 minutes. Nowhere near easy, but better than it was - I won't be setting land speed records any time soon.
Caroline went to the dentist. All good there, thank goodness. Sam is a bit intrigued by her cool new toothbrush and the unnecessary plastic objects she got as rewards when she was done. Maybe seeing those will make his visit a bit easier.
Benjamin was a joy, as usual. He is sitting very well and able to raise up both hands now. We're trying to get him to do "SO BIG" - but he topples right over when he goes into upper trunk extension - which is hysterical to watch. He has mastered rolling and is beginning to employ the rolling tactic to get to desired destinations. He is solidly prone on hands, but is unable to use his upper extremities to reach when in that position. Teething continues. I can't feel any coming in imminently, but am constantly impressed by the amount of drool this kid produces. Today Caroline, Sam and I were doing "Ben-Ben push ups" where we are on our backs and I lift him up. It was fun. It always is. I have never seen a baby happier or more loved by his siblings.
Thank goodness. =-)
Nate is Nate. Because of all the snow days/car pool people on vacation things going on here, Nate's nap schedule has been way off. I had an awesome routine going where I was getting a solid two hour period on most afternoons with both boys napping.
Not anymore.
Today I had 24 minutes.
Needless to say, things aren't getting done around here how I would like them to get done.
But we did get some nice cuddle time in and read "Tootle", "Dinosaur" and the Wii manual.
Hey - whatever it takes.
Nate is doing much better with his letters and numbers - he has taken a real interest since Sam has started reading independently, especially. With more letters comes less potty time...but I'm willing to do that compromise. For now, at least.
And lest I wonder why I'm crazy on most days...THIS is what greeted Jim at the front door when he came home from work today:







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home