Friday, January 25, 2013

SNOW.

So, after NOT seeing snow the first year of living in Maryland we've had snow on Christmas, yesterday and today.
This has resulted in a 2 hour delay of school opening Thursday and a 2 hour early dismissal today.  Umm...yeah.  It's coming down in buckets (insert New England sarcasm here).

I have three sleeping boys.  I can't lie.  It's lovely.  With the off-schedule, Nate's naps have been crazy this week and he definitely needed a little extra. I think I did, too.

This week Nate has started to insist on wearing underwear.  No, we're not any closer to being potty trained, but he is requesting to use the toilet at least.  He's usually good with #2 (insert Austin Powers joke here).  I'm glad he is taking the next step, however, it is one more thing for me to juggle as he usually decides to use the toilet when I'm smack dab in the middle of doing something else.  Like cooking or folding laundry or feeding his brother.  I am learning a whole new level of multi-tasking.
Nate, along with learning to control toileting body functions, is learning to master burping and farting.  This is unprompted, just something he thinks is wicked cool and he likes to do. Just like this - totally Nate.    I think I gave birth to Chris Farley sometimes.  Really. 
For instance, yesterday during lunch Nate let out a super-smelly, 10 second, 5 octave fart.  Sam heard it and says, "Ugh.  I smell something atrocious."  Nate's way-too- proud response included raising his hand and yelling, "It's ME!!!!" 
Oh, the joys of raising boys. 

We've had some snow, but the cold has been the real story.  It was 10 degrees this morning.  This has limited my running outdoors (though I did brave 4 miles and waiting in line to sign Nate up for pre-school in 11 degree weather on Tuesday).  Seven miles on the treadmill isn't my idea of an excellent time, but it's better than freezing my buns off, I suppose.  Fourteen more weeks until the Frederick Half Marathon.  As glad as I was to finish the 7 miles this morning, it scared me that 7 miles will only be a little more than half way for that event.  Yikes.
The kids have had a good time (when they're not beating the tar out of eachother) playing inside.  They took up my exercise mats and made a "force field" in the play room.  Everyone had their own room and they even moved in supplies to make Benjamin's stay with them more comfortable.  It was cute.

We have also had our fair amount of superhero sightings this week.
And, lest he not be included, Benjamin gave one of the most adorable photo shoots ever today:







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home