Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Catching Up

Finally. 
I hate getting behind because it's so hard to try to catch up.  There is always work to do here and sometimes I'm better than others about tuning it out to do something I enjoy.  During the day, I usually only feel justified sitting down at my computer if the house is picked up, dinner is made and laundry is folded and put away.  Well...dinner isn't made (creamed peas & tuna on toast...Mmmmmm) and the laundry isn't folded and put away - though it IS clean. 
Benjamin is playing in his exer-saucer and Nate is awake, but not coming downstairs after his nap.  He knows if he comes down, I put him to work, so he has been choosing to rest a little longer.  \
FINE WITH ME!!!

Things are getting  back to normal after last week.  I had started a blog post about that, but never got around to finishing it. 
To summarize:  Benjamin had a severe case of croup and RSV.  He got his first ride in an ambulance and his first stay in the hospital.  We are getting our boy back now, he is playing and interacting.  He still cannot cry (too much effort to get air in and out) and is having difficulty managing his secretions (which results in difficulty feeding).  But on the whole, our boy is on the mend. 
Thank goodness. 
I think Jim and I aged about 5 years in 5 days.  Benjamin came home on nebulizers every 4 hours.  Realistically, he needed them every 3 and then required a lot of help getting back to sleep since he was uncomfortable and stoked from the neb.  It was like having a newborn again.  We had forgotten how difficult that is.  Benjamin spoiled us.  
We're almost back to our sleeping routine, which makes a huge difference in everyone. 
Benjamin got back to the doctors today and his lungs sounded great, the RSV just has to work its' course.  We've been doing regular chest PT with him and will continue that.  He will probably have some sort of breathing problems when he gets another cold and we will do nebs prn.  He will probably also be more prone to respiratory infections.  We go to the cardiologist next month to see how his heart is...
I keep telling Benjamin that it's a good thing he's cute because he's making me old before my time.  I then get flashed that million dollar grin and all is well with the world again. 

The kids are all signed up for sports and ready for Spring. 
Caroline will be playing soccer.  Not sure how this is going to go.  I'm thinking she will hate it because she won't be very good at it.  Even if she doesn't have that much fun, it will teach her perseverance and all those other lessons that no one enjoys. 
Sam is doing t-ball through our town, which is hard core.  They have these kids on track to play Legion Ball starting at the age of 4.  No joke.  It's that serious.  Granted, it's a small town and an excellent program - Walkersville hosts the State Tournament frequently and takes great pride in that, so I wouldn't expect much else.  We'll see how it goes. 
Nate is jones-ing to play t-ball as well.  "Mama, when I go peepee on the potty 5 times in 1 day, then I play t-ball, right?"  Right. 
I'm putting in somewhere between 25-28 miles/week, which keeps me on track for a 1/2 marathon in May.  I'll be glad to get 10 miles under my belt in March. 

I'll add more pictures later...sitting vacation is over!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home