Blogging Hiatus...
We had a wonderful week at the Lake hanging out with Grammy and Grampy (or Nina and Papa, if you ask Nate). There was lots of playing Wii, swimming, fake fishing on the Point, kayaking, watching Red Sox games, having Activia and chocolate/strawberry milk, selling losing raffle tickets at the Chicken BBQ, planning for a new "water park" (loooong story) and just chilling.
I hope to put some pics soon but I have yet to figure out how to change them into jpeg format, so it may be a while.
This past week there were three doctors appointments, meeting with the surgical coordinator to arrange for Q's birth and a night out with some neighborhood friends at a Japanese grill. I was so overwhelmed I forgot Play Group and to take Jim's lunch to him on Friday. As a person who prides myself in my ability to stay on top of things, this was tough to take.
I'm starting to get a bit overwhelmed by what will happen in the next three or so weeks. The death of a high school classmate has helped me try to keep things in perspective and been tough to take all at the same time. Even with this, I DO pride myself in keeping on top of things...it's hard to think with all the mess around the house, the baby's stuff needs to be taken out and organized, I would like to get all our little girl stuff mailed to the appropriate people that will use it, get the kids ready for school (starts early down here), get Nate a bookshelf, organize Sam's closet, hoe out Caroline's room (this girl is a hoarder), organize the pantry and the food downstairs and clean the house. Oh yeah, and there are those three other kids to take care of. =-) The good news is that we have the mini-van (gulp), the car seat is ready to go and the new double stroller is awesome. So we're moving in the right direction...
My energy levels are dwindling as the size of my stomach is increasing. Even Sam commented today that he thought my belly would pop like a balloon if it got much bigger. Pride goes before a fall (or a birth, apparently) and this stuff WILL get done, I have faith. In fact, to ensure that Q will not come any earlier than anticipated, I started packing my hospital bag today. If I leave it unpacked, I'm almost guaranteeing he'll show up a week early!
I will close out by posting these pictures (before my piggy toes turn into sausages)...
Here is a the cute shirt we got for Q. Each of the kids got one - it will be included in the present that Q will "bring" for the kids when they meet him for the first time at the hospital. We couldn't resist.
Caroline finished her pillow to match the quilt I made for Q. She is very proud of it.
How can I keep from laughing? This is what I encounter on a daily basis!!!







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home