Friday, June 01, 2012

Friday Night

A year after this we get this.  June 1st must be a very unlucky day when it comes to tornadoes.  Either that, or they just follow us around.  It's actually the third warning of the day for our county.  Enough already.  I just want to sleep and don't want to stay up monitoring the weather. 
 Caroline was a little freaked out because the first warning came when she was in school and they made the kids sit in the hall with their heads covered.  Like most things, though - when forced to think logically about it, she took it in stride.  Seeing that she thought she had small pox (it was really an ear infection - she has been reading a book about colonial America) earlier this week, a tornado must have been almost a relief!  If I could live in her world for just a day, I think I would be in awe of all I could learn and just how that girl's brain works...

If this post becomes non-nonsensical, be glad.  It means the Sudafed is working.  Caroline was nice enough to pass her head cold to me, where it has become a nice little head/chest cold.  The coughing is the worst part.  My body has released just enough elastin to accommodate Q that if I'm not in exactly the right position when coughing, things like my coccyx, sacrum and ribs pop out of joint.  And they don't go back in as easily as they come out. 
Ouch.  Just ouch. 
The cold has also made sleeping difficult to come by.  While I do love me my Scully, the Dodgers are on a road trip and the Arizona announcers aren't nearly as entertaining.  So, to pass the time when we should be sleeping, Caroline and I took eight of the potholders we've been working on and sewed them together to make her a small pocketbook.  We have the handle braided and almost ready to be sewn on.  I'll post some pictures of it - she is so proud that she made it.  It IS pretty cool, especially considering she is six years old and I'm about as non-crafty as they come. 

When Pops was out, he got some great pictures at the T-Ball game.  In a couple of the pictures I looked at of Caroline, I felt myself staring back.  Kind of weird. 
It is taking me some time to get used to the new Blogger system (either that or the Sudafed IS taking control)...I have tried to post a video of Nate being crazy, but it has refused to upload after 16 minutes.  Yikes - so I will just put up some pics of the kids in the pool this week.  While the neighbors seem to think that Nate's desire to be naked just adds to his charm, sometimes I really wish the kid would keep his freakin' clothes on...


Caroline has also been asking to do "belly pics" of her with her belly and me with mine...for now - this is as close as it gets.  Let us just say words like beluga, whale, "ate a basketball" and "Yes, there is ONLY one in there," come to mind...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home