10 Years.
I can't figure out if that's a long time or not.
But I've done the math. In 10 years we:
-lived in 2 apartments
-owned 2 homes
-lived in 3 states
-relocated 4 times
-had 8 different jobs
-owned 5 different cars
-put >400,000 miles on said cars
-lost 4 of our grandparents
-found numerous kindred spirits we will always be friends with
-went on 4 vacations
-visited 6 different major league ballparks and 6 minor league parks
-attended 2 Neil Diamond and 4 U2 concerts
-posted on the blog 877 times
- lost countless blonde hairs (Jim)
-sprouted countless grey hairs (Karen)
-popped out 3 crazy...ummm...I mean wonderful children
-have the 4th kid cooking
Okay.
It is a long time. And we've been busy. Without many dull moments.
I was able to dig these up. After 10 years, it's the closest thing we have to a wedding album. I don't hold much hope on baby books for the kids...
Every time I smell lilacs or lily of the valley, it takes me back to that beautiful, sunny day in the park.
I remember the men making out by the falconer statue, the lawn mower blasting and kids screaming on the nearby playground.
I remember the little girl that came up to me from the playground and told me I looked just like a princess.
I remember hearing the most beautiful rendition of "Ave Maria" I will ever hear.
I remember saying, "What the **** am I doing???" as I went with my father to the rose garden and his calm reply of "Just keep walking."
I remember forgetting the vows it took us so long to write and Lizzie trying to figure out what to say next.
I remember the dinner at Dabin where almost everything we ordered was wrong.
I remember the looks on people's faces when the waiters put trays of sushi out (when we specifically told them that everything was to be cooked).
I remember how many of our guests took one for the team and bravely tried sushi for the first time.
I remember the champagne cork popping off and hitting people eating dinner on the other side of the room.
I remember my brothers organizing a caravan to Wendy's afterward dinner to get some real food.
I remember a lot of laughter and an amazing amount of love surrounding us.
I remember this all and then I smile.
And pray for many, many more decades of insanity. =-)
Because I wouldn't want it any other way.










2 Comments:
Happy anniversary!! Hard to believe it's been 10 years.
That's quite a list!! (SOOO jealous of the U2 concerts!)
Thank you.
I'm not sure if it's quite a list...the more I think, the more stuff I forgot! =-)
Happy birthday to Jasmine!!
Post a Comment
<< Home