Saturday Night
Jim really needed some "boy time", so he got to go see The Avengers with our neighbor. I'm a little jealous, but if it's good he'll go with me and see it again. I never, ever thought I would actually want to go see a superhero movie. Joss Whedon changed that (but oh, how I miss Firefly).
Guess that makes me a nerdling.
After almost 35 years, I think I'm okay with that.
The boys are in their beds. Caroline is passed out next to me ("Can I play with your hair, Mama?" - I figure I have to take it while I can - she is not going to want to hang out with me for much longer). She was so tired she practically fell asleep in the tub tonight.
Her first t-ball game was today. She did great. All the kids did great. We were only able to get in two full innings in the allotted time. It was enough.
Instead of daisy picking, the kids got more and more into it as the game progressed. By the end of the game, they were swarming like yellow jackets on the ball - which is good and terrible, but I'll take it. They made some defensive outs (I was floored) and I am very happy with everyone's effort and behavior and ability to engage. Our parental following is awesome, which is helpful beyond words. I am very grateful.
I did have flashbacks to my youth when I had everyone play with their shirts tucked in (everyone knows a real ballplayer has a tucked in shirt) and no backward caps. Funny how stuff like that sticks with you. Thanks, Dad.
Coach hung in there, too. =-) Coming from a hardcore baseball background, it can be difficult for me to wrap my head around t-ball rules (something between Calvinball and cat herding).
Like with most things, I am still learning.
I really should be used to that by now.
Onto other things...
We were able to go out to The Black Hog to celebrate Jim's birthday. It was good. And made even better by the coupon that I stumbled across. =-)
We discovered the boys like corn bread. So much that we made a batch the next day. It was gone less than 12 hours after coming out of the oven. It's good to have something so easy to make like that in my back pocket for snacks and such. Of course, we had to call them "corn cupcakes" to get Sam to eat them. The boys were so excited to eat that they sat in front of the oven to watch them bake. Which gave me about 15 minutes of down time. Amen.
Q is a very active boy that is currently trying to kick the laptop off my lap. The elastin is definitely setting in and things (like rolling over in bed or getting up off the floor) are starting to get a little challenging. The worst is sitting in one place for more than ten or so minutes (good thing I don't get much opportunity). After that amount of time I generally feel like my coccyx is somewhere between my scapulae. Like now...so G'night.







1 Comments:
I loved your description of the rules of T-ball. Josh and I laughed at how you see it ;D
LOVE the picture of the boys watching the "corn cupcakes" baking, too! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home