Overheard Tonight...
...coming from Sam's room just before he fell asleep (in a sing-songy voice):
"I am the sun. I am a burning ball of fire.
I am very very hot. Life on Earth depends on me."
"I am Venus. I'm the same size as the Earth.
But I spin the other way and much more slowly.
I am so hot. I have lots of gas."
"I am Sammy. I am a rockstar. I live on the Earth.
I am Sammy."
Hearing this is certainly better than hearing Caroline the other night in Rochester. She sat up from a sound sleep, sang a verse of "Do You Think I"m Sexy?" and then laid down and went back to sleep. I was there and saw it with my eyes or else I would not have believed it.
Where do they come up with this stuff?
Speaking of weird things, I have been trying to keep track of things that I say that I never thought I would ever have to say. Like:
"Nate, we do not stand in the dishwasher to empty it."
"Nate, there is no reason to lick all my cooking utensils and then place them back in the jar."
"Nate, we do not put Mommy's car keys in Smokey's butt hole."
"Nate, to pick your nose there is no need to shove in your finger to the second knuckle."
"Nate, please do not tackle your sister/brother/cat."
"Nate, please do not hang off the cabinets and swing like a monkey."
"Nate, there is no need to climb the shelves of the refrigerator."
"Nate, please do not put you finger up your butt."
"Nate, please do not put your finger up your brother's butt."
And I wonder why I'm a nut case.
Sheesh.







1 Comments:
This is soooo funny!!! Glad to see you have a sense of humor still, Emerson prefers to help unload the dishes that way too :)
Post a Comment
<< Home