Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Spring Break

Oy vey.
It's Spring Break. In all its' glory. Strep throat, runny diarrhea, whiny kids and all.
Oh does the fun ever stop?

Really. It's not that bad. Really. Antibiotics are wonderful (even if they do cause said intestinal issues) and things are much better today. I can tell the kids feel better because they're acting up more. I think Caroline is doing an experiment to see which ways she can annoy me the most. She has discovered many very effective ways, in fact. Today I think she annoyed me as she as sitting still and breathing.
Nate, again, is into everything. Today he managed to get his head caught in the kiddy potty seat, scale the kitchen counter and climb a ladder in the garage. Honest to goodness, this child is going to turn my hair grey. Okay. Grey-er. But still.
Sam is into whining. And whining. And whining. I've thought about investing in a taser to shock him every time I hear him turn a one syllable word into a six syllable, multi-tonal word. But I really don't think it would work and I wouldn't want to waste my money.

Things aren't that different from normal - it's just that we have spent the last two weekends away - one in Rochester and one in New Hampshire. It's a bit of a let down to be home again, I think. Mama and Dad pale in comparison to spending time with Grammy & Grampy and Nina & Pops The kids got to see some friends in Worcester - we've been hearing "I miss my old house," and "I miss Michael and Dominic," and "I want to go to Ria's house," and "When are we going back to Bow Lake?" rather frequently.
I think getting back in the routine of school will be a good thing.

Some good news is that, with the advent of the wonderful baseball season, I have been able to make some serious progress on my Winnie-the-Pooh baby quilt. I know this is my last shot - so I HAVE to get it done. All I have left is the backstitching and putting on the backing - which will be the most challenging part. It's nice to see 6 years of on and off work coming to completion. =-)
In the meantime, here is SuperDestructiNate preparing for takeoff!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home