Monday, April 16, 2012

Peeps.

Nate is asleep in his stroller in the garage and I'm hoping to get the blog updated, the laundry put away, the dishwasher emptied and the floor cleaned up before he wakes up.
Good luck to me.
After six years, you would think I would learn to set goals that are not so lofty.

So I'm sitting here listening to the Sox. Sam and CJ are at school. We made "Patriot cupcakes" this morning - really sour cream muffins with blueberries and strawberries. Sam wouldn't eat them - still waaaay too nutritious. We also read "Paul Revere's Ride" (okay - the kids got wiggly after half of it). I've got to come up with something red, white and blue for dinner.

Seems like most of the blogging recently has been about Nate. Caroline and Sam are doing well. Caroline started t-ball and is enjoying it. Sam is loving school and wears his Jeter Glove everywhere. The two of them either play together very well or are gouging each other's eyes out. And they can switch from one extreme to the other in about 15 seconds. Much of my time is spent refereeing to try to prevent the extremes.
Sometimes I am successful. Sometimes I am not.
Ugh.
I think they two of them get so tired of being good at school that by the time they get home they're just done. I need to keep them away from each other until they've cleared the grumpies out.
As with most other things in life... I am learning.

But Nate certainly has taken the headlines lately. Today included.
This morning the boys were playing very nicely downstairs. So I figured I would run upstairs and switch the laundry.. Three minutes - max. It's just easier to leave them where they are (especially if they're playing well) than to try to get them to do something else.
I got it done and came downstairs - where it was quiet. Eerily quiet.
Sam was playing with his trucks and Nate was nowhere to be found.
"Sam - where is Nate?"
"I don't know, Mama. He's certainly not in here. He's not in the blue room, either."
"I know that, Sam. But can you tell me where he is?" At this point, I'm starting to get a little nervous. I knew he had to be in the house. But I couldn't find him anywhere.
So I look and look and look. Our house isn't that big and we don't have that much furniture - so there aren't that many places to hide.
Then, I hear a muffled, "Mama!" coming from the kitchen.
So to cover my bases, I look in the pantry. Where I find this:




The little turd locked himself in the pantry and went to town scarfing down the remaining Easter candy. Including almost a whole package of Peeps.
I hope Jim is home to change that diaper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home