Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Retail Therapy

I am not like many women that find comfort in spending money. I'm the type of girl that "splurges" by spending $2 at a garage sale.
Usually, I just feel guilty and return anything that I have bought impulsively.
Today is an exception.
It has been a tough week. But I decided to take the boys to a secondhand store this morning to get some Halloween costumes. We even found a costume of Sam's favorite race car driver (if he'll ever put it on)
I don't particularly like Halloween. I don't like to be scared. I don't really like to dress up. Since we've had kids, I've had to do a little - like it or not.
But today, as I was looking at the fancy dresses at the store, I decided that I wanted to be a princess this Halloween. If I can pull off an entire costume for under $15 (and I CAN at this place), why not have a little fun?
So I tried it on.
And it was so totally not anything I have ever worn before, I BOUGHT it. And I'm NOT taking it back. =-)
And I may get some funny looks from other parents, but I have every intention of wearing it (and pretending I'm a princess) when I chaperone Sam's school dress-up party.

2 Comments:

Blogger Charla said...

You look GORGEOUS, lady!!
Maybe I WILL dress up after all! We aren't big on Halloween either, but we usually let the kids dress up and hand out candy to the neighborhood kids/teens who stop by. So maybe I'll pull out my 80s chick clothes again :D

9:25 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Thanks! I was so excited I finally bought something for myself. =-) You know how it is. Pull out the clothes! Have some fun with it - why not?!?!

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home