Sunday, August 07, 2011

A Day of Rest...

...Even God got one, right?
So I should get one, too. And since an episode of the Backyardigans just got put in, I have exactly 22 minutes of rest. I know resting is important and is MOST important to do just when I feel I don't have TIME to rest. Still working on trying to find a balance there. =-)
Wow - what a week. We've made some progress, but still have a long way to go to get this house market-ready.
I worked my last day as a part-timer. Now I'm just a per diem PT. Which I'm sad about. I really, really love my job. But right now the things I'm doing here are more important (just not as fun). Blogging has been lax because I am writing our home stager a nightly report of the progress we've made that day towards getting the house ready and outlining my priorities for the next day. It adds a few minutes at the end of the day, but her input has been invaluable to us. By the time all that is done, I'm a bit fried.
Grammy and Grandpa have been down the past two weekends to help us with our work and watching the kids so we can get more work done. This has been invaluable, as well. THANK YOU! Yesterday, with their help with painting and corralling the Three Amigos we were able to get two layers of paint up in the dining room and the (former) brown room. Hopefully trim work and doors done today (after the kids go to bed).
Progress has been slow and steady. We hope (read HAVE) to get much more done this week.
The kids have been remarkably chill with all the changes around the house. I don't know that they really get what's going on, but when you ask them what we're doing, the reply is "Getting ready to move to Maryland."
In an attempt to put up some pictures from this week, I just looked at my camera. I took one picture of the kids. Everything else is the before/after progress to e-mail the home stager every night. And since I know you're not interested in seeing the pictures of almost every closet in the house, the dining room, the former brown room and Caroline's room, I'll spare you the torture.
Here is the one picture from the week...

2 Comments:

Blogger Brenda said...

I love the new color!!! Great work!

9:11 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

I love the new color! Great work!!!!

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home