Thursday, September 01, 2011

Sammy's First Day of School

Sammy finally had the day he has been waiting for for at least the past two years. After hearing, "Why don't I get to go to school?", "Caroline always does everything," and "I really, really, really want to play with the train table," constantly over the past week, Sam was THRILLED when today was his first day of school.
His teachers said he did just fine ("He reminds us so much of Caroline" - huh?) and interacted with the other children and did more than play with the train table. He got new shoes yesterday (he insisted that they be the exact same ones that Caroline has for school) and has been on pins and needles ever since, hoping that it's "time to go to school yet?".

The house has never been so clean. I am channeling my inner Virginia and washing floors, windows, bathrooms and walls constantly. The more I clean the more I see that needs to be cleaned. My Grandmother was so right when she told me, "You should never be bored. There are always windows to wash." I see now that this is true. The kids are doing better about putting stuff away, but I would be lying if I told you if I said I didn't trail them and have to nag (a lot) to keep things under control. I am learning to live without stuff (like I really needed it anyway) and am finding I am actually liking having less things around. Less clutter makes it easier to think. We're getting used to the idea of the big changes coming up in the next few weeks. =-( It will be an adjustment. Just one of many adjustments recently. We need to keep on keepin' on.






And this was the aftermath of the day. Passed out on the green room floor. We have one tired kid on our hands. Let's hope he sleeps tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home