Thursday, June 30, 2011

Oy Vey.

There won't be any cute pictures with this post. I only have about 10 minutes before I have to get back to work.
You see, all the work I was SUPPOSED to get done while Jim and the kids were away today (planting the flowers, mulching, painting Sam's room, finishing up the basement, cleaning the house, weed wacking, cleaning up the driveway, finishing the laundry) didn't get done (duh)...and now they're coming home so I'm running around like a mad woman to get everything completed. I don't try to over-achieve or anything...it's just that all this stuff needs to get done. And it's sooooo much easier to do it when the kids aren't underfoot.
But I have one story to share.
Caroline has, shall we say, the gift of gab. She is downright verbose and never at a loss for words (I'm thinking the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree with this). This is fine - most of the time. I always get a bit worried when I take her to the doctors or to meet her new principal or people I work with. She has a tendency to blab. A LOT. There are no secrets with Caroline. Be this as it may, we had an interesting experience a the pediatrician's office last week.
We thought Caroline might have a UTI. No fun. She was having a really tough go of it (no pun intended). Dr Harding and I were trying to discern if she was having trouble with constipation as well. Apparently poop is a topic that Caroline feels quite comfortable discussing (if you remember this lovely anecdote). Before I could even try to stop her, THIS came out of her mouth. Full of italics used in the way only Caroline can use them. All without her pausing to take a breath...
"Well, sometimes I have really big poops. Yeah, like this big (holding up her arms). And you know, one time I pooped and it was really big and it was sooooo cool. I looked in the potty and it was in the shape of a four! That used to be my age! I pooped my age! Isn't that awesome?!?!"

Yes, dear. It's awesome. Thank you for sharing (said while planting my face firmly in my palm).

3 Comments:

Blogger Charla said...

Ha!
I'm very thankful that my kids don't talk about poop, though Hudson's trying his hardest to convert us ;)

She and Jasmine would have a great time talking each others' ears off!

4:59 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Unfortunately, with Crohns in the house, poop is an all too common topic. When we talk about it the kids aren't trying to be gross. Just matter-of-fact. Which, I think makes it funnier. I work in healthcare, too - so I'm up to my elbows in poop (literally) at times during my working hours...
I would consider yourself very very lucky! But Hudson will try to convert you, I'm sure... =-)

7:46 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Karen, I think I just woke the baby up from laughing so much! Classic story...will haunt her forever!!! Love it!

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home