Thursday, December 09, 2010

Thursday Night

I know that blogging has been sorely lacking recently.
The whole *working*and*being*a*wife*and*mother*thing*while*trying*to*stay*sane thing kind of gets in the way sometimes.
Lots of thoughts have been meandering their way through my brain recently.
But nothing coherent enough to hold an actual conversation about. I'm sure I'll expound more about most of them lately, anyways.
This is when living with people who are toddlers can take a toll on the brain.

I'm chuckling because of the running commentary coming from the bathtub right now. Jim has Sam in the tub. Jim is singing, "My Sammy lies over the ocean. My Sammy lies over the sea. My Sammy lies over the ocean. Bring back my Sammy to me." Sam is interjecting throughout it all, "I don't want to be over the ocean. I don't like the sea. DON'T make me lie in the ocean. I DON'T want to bring back to me." Gotta love that I'm so tired I can't do anything but contradict you time of night. During this all, Caroline is wrapping up Sam's p-jaffe's neck with an ACE bandage ("He hurt it, you know,") and Nate is doing his best to weasel out of the bouncy chair. Just your typical night in paradise, I tell you. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

The Christmas tree is up. This picture just about sums up the process of putting it up. It looks like she's about to gouge his eyes out, doesn't it? But if I have learned anything from motherhood, it's that reading a book out loud and making microwave popcorn can do much to diffuse a situation - so between those two strategies we were able to get everything up without anything breaking (people and ornaments).
Caroline is still very partial to her reindeer ornament:
Here are Sammy and CJ playing "hot air balloon"...
Nate is able to maintain circle sitting using his arms for about 30 seconds (the picture was taken last week - he now is able to extend his elbows to sit upright). It's hysterical to watch. He gets so excited he tips himself over. I can only imagine the additional chaos that will be bestown upon us when this kid becomes mobile.

And no. We still don't have a good picture Nate smiling. The light on the camera flash freaks him out, so this is the best we can do.

But, if shell shocked was the look we were going for, we would have a definite winner here:
We'll get a good picture, I'm sure.
Eventually.

Ooooooh. Carl Crawford is a member of the Sox? AND Adrian Gonzalez?
Did I mention there's only 12 more weeks until Spring Training?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home